If you would like to be on a MGSC Standing Committee click here.
Student Government Association Senators are leaders at Middle Georgia State College. Senators are strongly committed students who work hard on behalf of the students.
So if you think you have what it takes to be a SGA Senator, please complete the form below. After an SGA advisor has confirmed that all the eligibility requirements are met an SGA Officer will contact you regarding the next steps in the process.
- Develop postive leadership and communication skills.
- Learn to work as a team, and the value of service.
- Form meaningful relationships with peers, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Build your resume.
- Starting Fall 2013 receive a semesterly stipend.*
- Any SGA officer or senator shall have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.**
- Any SGA officer or senator must be currently enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours.
- Any SGA officer or senator must be in both academic good standing and good disciplinary standing.
* To qualify to receive the stipend, each officer and senator must attend at least seventy-five percent (75%) of all required functions, meetings, and/or activities.
** Students with zero credit hours attempted (traditional first semester freshmen) are exempt from this requirement.